Rogue vs. Hondo

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cassanova, Jul 31, 2002.

1. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Im in the market for a good high end bass and well I just cant make up my mind on which to get. Im so torn between the Rouge and Hondo. I dunno what do you guys think.
  2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA

You are seriously limiting yourself. I think if you take the time to explore certain retail catalogues, flea markets and street vendors, you find a whole new set of options.

But if you are stuck on those two, I say the Hondo.

Get the red one.

3. No way Cass, get the Samick, they beat all of them out of the water!! Sadowsky can't even TOUCH their greatness with a 10 mile pole.
  4. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Man, what you need is a nice Lotus, they blow away the Rogue, the Hondo, and the Samick. Heck man, I walked into a music store once and they had a Lakland, a Zon, a Warwick, a Spector, a Rickenbacker and a Lotus. I tried them all out and the Lotus blew each and everyone away.

5. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Get Rogue.

It has a cooler sounding name.
  6. craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    usually black basses sound cooler.
  7. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    IME, I have found red basses to be warmer sounding while black basses sound a bit dark for my taste. :D
  8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Your all wrong. Get a Galveston bass. They have beautiful women in Galveston.:p

Just don't get a brown bass. Brown basses sound like crap.:D
  9. aceofbass88

Jul 23, 2002
    Cough,Cough Rogue and Hondo!!!! As High End Basses yeah maybe in another lifetime go for a samick for that!
  10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I say you get the Rouge.

It has a cool name, and....... it looks kinda like an 80's guitar. Evryone knows 80's hair metal was the best.

And always use white picks, they sound the best!

11. Dude, you gotta check out Johnson. They sell them on Ebay, so they have to be reliable.
  12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I say get a St George or a Teisco. They are kind of hard to find, but they are made of a better quality particleboard than Rouge or Hodno.
  13. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    If you get a green bass make sure you use a pick...

I wonder if anyone will get that...:rolleyes: :D
  14. what ever you do for goodness sake stay away from the fodera's they use far too highly figured tops, and thier as ugly as steaming pile of poop;)
  15. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    If money is no object, go Jay Turser.
  16. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    C'mon now, this is an easy one! Get which ever has the most knobs and switches. That's the better one. And pointy is always a bonus.
  17. odie

odie Supporting Member

Well it all depends on the sound your looking for.

I have a black bass and it sounds much darker.

I also have a poity bass that has really good treble response.

I also fixed the hum of my jazz bass that doesnt have reverse polarity pickups by turning one of the pickups backwards-I can give you a diagrahm.

Also if you play happy music or christian music you should get a bright happy color like yellow, and by God you cant play a six string it the work of the DEVIL 666. Get a 7 string!!!!

Brand wise Im particular to HARMONY!!!! Ceck your x-mas SEARS catalog.
  18. pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    any bass or guitar with a built in speaker is obviously superior to one without, it negates the need for an amp!

for name alone, i once came across a p bass pawn shop copy with the title: The Toad splashed across the headstock.
  19. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    get a rogue (SPELT ROGUE, NOT ROUGE), but make sure it doesnt have that wood crap all over it. plastic is the future y'know.

and yes, gettit in black.

20. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    thats actaully quite true.,...