Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rogues

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassplaya#21, May 30, 2001.

1. Bassplaya#21

Bassplaya#21

Sep 16, 2000
    Zachary, LA
    i bought a rouge 2 years ago because i wanted to hurry up and buy a bass and become the greatest in the world.....big mistake...but i still play it and bout to buy a new one...and i looked at it recently and the neck is bowing! its bending in to the shape of a U

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Aw c'mon, basses made from kiln dried wood are for sissies! ;) Green wood rules!

Welcome to TalkBass and the School of Hard Knocks.

3. Bassplaya#21

Bassplaya#21

Sep 16, 2000
    Zachary, LA
    i was thinking bout get'n an Ibanez but dont know which ones the best

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I don't really know that a thread was necessary for this. I think the "Don't buy Rogues" sentiment is pretty much universally understood here at talkbass! :)

5. Bassplaya#21

Bassplaya#21

Sep 16, 2000
    Zachary, LA
    good point just wished some one could have told me SOONNNEEERR!!!

6. Everyone here seems to trash rogues, and I havn't heard a single good word about them...

I've never played one.

I just have a question.
    Has anyone here actually played one? Can you describe its playability and sound in a few (unbiased) words, and why it is so bad?

7. rickbass

That's cool. Threads much more needless than yours get posted daily here.

I just don't think "Recordings" is the appropriate forum.

8. rickbass

See Bassplaya21's thread on "Rogues - Don't Buy Them" posted today. That ought to give you some idea of the virtues of that fine, respected, line of instruments. :rolleyes:

I never drank drain cleaner, but I don't have to try it to know I don't want to chug it.

It was originally posted in "Recordings" and may be moved to "Basses" by the time you see it.

9. That is exactly what I'm talking about!

You're trashing rogue when you havn't even played one. Remember, just because someone else doesn't like, it doesn't mean that you won't.

10. You have a point with the draincleaner, rickbass1, but trying a rogue isn't going to kill you. I've never played one either, but I've also never had a chance to, the stores around my house don't carry them.

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i've never seen a lipstick bass :confused:

12. rickbass

I'm not worried about what others say. After 30+ years of looking at basses, I can distinguish sterling from silverplate.

Anyone who sticks up for an instrument with a neck that turns into a pretzel deserves to own it.

13. The neck pretzels? (sp?)

Wow, ok, now that's a great reason not to buy one!

14. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    :confused:

15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    you know, them "rouges" kind. :D

16. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    :D

17. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Is this from personal experience? Does this pertain to all Rogue basses? Do you have actually first hand knowlege of this happening?

I have "heard" a lot of bad things about the Rogues....and I know that they ARE cheaply made basses....but...since I have never played one myself.....
    THAT is ALL I "KNOW" about them.

Come on guys...let's stick to the "facts"....even if it is about the "less expensive" basses. :)

18. Gabu (I think it's him) has a Rogue acoustic and likes it, and never has had any problems about it. Maybe it's not as horrible as we think.

19. Bassplaya#21

Bassplaya#21

Sep 16, 2000
    Zachary, LA
    i have a rouge bass and my friend owns one as well his neck is bent barely...however mine could easily be mistaken for a right angle

20. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Whoops! This is definitely a "basses" forum topic. G'bye.