Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rolad V-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Feb 9, 2002.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    I know, I know.. i went to NAMM and shouldve asked questions there!! but its so noisy and crowded and impossible to get one on one advice-
    does anyone have the 411 on the V-Bass? price? availability date? i have heard that this is THE bass processor!! it can give you realistic and usable fretless and upright emulations along with a host of bass modeling and amp and cabs- synths and analog type FX !! i am looking for a fretless bass in the $1000 to 1500 range- but if i can get a decent fretless sound from this box- its a no brainer!! fretted . fretted and upright from the same bass!!- any info is appreciated- did any one actually spend time playing this thing? - peace all!!! Adrian

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    IME no matter how good the processing will be, you won't get a full fretless emulation.
    For example, it won't be able to handle sliding harmonics properly due to the frets, same with vibrato.

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    ive heard its a REAL good fretless emulation because its the virtual system- i dont expect it to be exactly like or better than a real fretless- but there is SO much more!! and to have to luxury of not having to switch basses! i heard the upright , and it was real close!!
    by the time it gets out in the house- you really might not be able to tell- i can almost get a fretless emulation now by adjusting the way i play.. i have to hear this thing!

4. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    *Bump*

I just noticed this product listed on Roland's website. . . very interesting. Anyone else know anything? Tried one yet?

5. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I've ordered mine, but who knows when it'll actually show up.

As far as the fretless emulation, I plan to put the P'up on a fretless bass. Will I get double fretlessosity? We'll see...

dang those Rolad sales hacks!

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    well then Xush- i hope you like the Fretted emulation!
    Roland - Rolad, Rolaids, who cares?? i contacted Roland- they said mid- April

7. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Heh, I'll need some Rolaids after this purchase, probably. Hope their estimate isn't in 'Aguilar time'...will that DB750 ever appear?

So how long do you estimate it'll be before they pop us with the first upgrade chip for the V bass?
    Then the first revision? Dang, I hate being a slave to the Roland bait and upgrade policy, but I do like their stuff...

You thinking about getting one too, Adrian?

8. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    oh, yes, Xush- ive already baited Roland ( i love giving it back to them) about how the show i play already uses $2o,ooo of Roland gear, etc.. i know Roland doesnt give a thing away- i was hoping for a beta unit to check out- ill keep you posted, they were very responsive...