1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Roland AC-60 Amp Queston

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by gvanpool, Jun 29, 2012.

1. gvanpool

gvanpool

Apr 27, 2012
    Chattanooga, TN
    I am fairly new to playing the upright bass (about two months) and so far so good. I have a question about Amps. I play Guitar and I have a Roland Acoustic Chorus AC-60 amp than I run an Acoustic guitar through. I am wondering if I could mic my Upright Bass or install a pickup and play through the Roland. I realize that the Amp is not made for a bass, but just for practice would this work. The Amp has an input for either a magnetic or piezo pickup and a microphone input. Thanks

2. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    Gvanpool,
    I know a lot of professional guitar players who swear by this little
    gem, but it's not designed as a bass amp, so you'd have to be very conservative with the volume, and bass controls. Markbass and Phil Jones both build amps with 6.5 speakers of the two the PJB Briefcase is the better sounding, IMHO. I'm also not sure that it will produce a useable bass sound, but the only way to know is try it.

Ric

3. gvanpool

gvanpool

Apr 27, 2012
    Chattanooga, TN
    Thanks... I know the Roland is not made for bass, but I wanted to use it for practice as I research pickups or microphones and amp... I wanted to use the Roland just for practice. I have been looking at the Myers "Feather" pickup... it is really a small microphone and pre-amp. Any experience with that pickup/mic?

4. Matt Ides

Matt Ides Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Try it. You might be surprised.