Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roland Bass SuperCube 100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Embryodead, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Embryodead

Embryodead Banned

Nov 30, 2005
    Providence, RI
    Hello Guys, this is my first post on this site, i was previously a member of UG but due the immaturity and just lack of bassists that know their stuff (a few of the good ones came here lie UtBDan if i remember)

But anyways, i recently picked up a Roland Supercube Bass 100 and i'm unable to find any information about it. It has a 15 inch speaker and is rated 150watts on the back. It's not the cube with the COSM models it's just straight low,mid,freq,high's for controls. the model number is SCB-100 but nothing shows up on the roland site, any ideas what i should do?

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    is it working? do you need schematics? I don't understand? I found one site that referred to that model number as a 1985 model. another scanned catalog site museum said 1984. (the scanned catalog link would not load)

3. I bet you could call Roland and ask someone about it.

4. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I've played that amp-the model before the modelling version. I used it for rehearsals with a group that rehearsed once a week in a music store at night. Very nice amp. it sounded a lot like the Ampeg B100R to my ears and about the same weight. Plenty of volume for a small room with a group that played at sane volume levels.

The one I played through was used, but in excellent condition. I liked it a lot. They were asking $600 Canadian for it, on consignment. It sold after a couple of weeks but I don't know for how much.

If the one you're interested is in good shape and the price is right I'd say buy it.

Otherwise, a new Yorkville combo might be a better choice for the money.

I don't know much else about the amp. i don't know if it had an external speaker output. I doubt it. I think it had a line out.

5. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Sorry Embryo-I should have read your post more carefully. I see you do own the amp. Good. I think you'll like it.