Roland Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eddievanbassman, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Chuck King

Chuck King Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2006
    Chicago
    I have a Roland guitar synth controller and it's a pretty decent instrument, synth stuff notwithstanding. It has a regular jack and can be played through an amp like a regular guitar; there's a separate cable for the synth interface. That's a pretty old one---it's not something you could just midi up to a modern synth; you'd need one of the Roland synth units. But if you like how it looks/feels/sounds, it can be used just as a regular instrument. David Byrne from Talking Heads used to use the guitar version of that, just as a guitar.

I recall hearing somewhere that Ibanez built Roland's controllers for them. Don't know if it's true, but mine is of sufficient quality that I can believe it---it's a solid player.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021