1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Roland d-bass 210 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jazzenfunk, Dec 10, 2006.

1. jazzenfunk

jazzenfunk Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    bay area
    Has anyone tried/bought one of these? I used to own the 112 combo and really liked it but you couldn't add second cab to it which limited it to smaller gigs. Roland makes a 15 ext cab for this combo too. I would think it would really be a nice amp and with the neo speakers, light too.

2. Hi,

I tried this combo 2 days ago, and I only can say that it is very light, expensive and sound nice, nothing more than that. It has some optical sensors on speaker which analyse it's vibration and it process output sound to match with speaker. It is cosm technology which is digital and for me it is too hi-tech combo IMO. If you search for light 2x10 combo with speaker extension try with www.markbass.it
    Again, D-bass is not garbage but for 1100€ I would try something else, and ANALOG.

Good luck

3. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Digital also describes the modern recording process - and the main medium for musical distribution. Making a big deal out of that is just silly nowdays.

Hey jazzenfunk,

Just going by your user name I think you'd proably like one of the D-Bass combos. Very flexible, very loud {I really got to crank because the store was officially closed ; }, very light. You might want to do a search so I can save typing some of the details. I didn't find them expensive compared to other upper-echelon combos. I also liked how easy it was to get different types of tones without much tweaking.

You might also want to take a look at the Cube100 - it really expands on the Cube theme bigtime. Lots of effects with this one (the D-Basses have no effects per se but overdrive/distortion and compression), and it too is louder than one would expect.

4. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Yes, and the current Cube 100 can run an extension cab. For rehearsal, I use an SWR Working Pro 1x10" cab as a bass monitor for our drummer. It works well, but the SWR is so inefficient that I'd look for something else for gigs. (It expands and warms the low end nicely though.) A nice 4 ohm 1x12" would be the ticket. (I should try it with my G-K Neo112 one of these days.)

I've heard the D-bass 210 at a guitar show, and was very impressed. I couldn't believe how light it was too. One of the bass mags recently tested the combos, and liked them both but preferred the 1x15 for its depth. If I were starting out fresh, I'd probably get the 210 with the 1x15 extension cab. I think Roland's "Super Flat" (uncolored) tone is just amazing.

5. The Roland 1x15 matching cab for this amp is actually a powered speaker (DBass 115X, I think it's called). So, more power even still.

6. Daffy Funk

Daffy Funk

Nov 10, 2005
    I own a 1x15 D-bass combo,and I love it.
    It has amazing responce and the super flat mode sounds
    just like my bass does unpluged,it has the two other
    modes(vintage,modern)also,so you can think you get
    three amps in one package.I plan on getting the ext.cab
    also.