Roland DB-700 (Why No Discussions?)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jwoertz, Mar 1, 2001.

1. jwoertz

Mar 28, 2000
    Hey Guys-

Just wondering why nobody is talking about the Roland DB-700 bass combo? I looked around for a while before buying mine. It's 250 watts at 8 ohms through a 15 and a horn, has amp modeling, compression, chorus, two memory setups, recessed handles, and casters. It's LOUD, portable and sounds great. What more could you want in a combo! I got mine for $750.00 from Medley Music in Bryn Mawr, PA. Am I the only person who owns one?

2. i got the DB-500 but i just never thought to talk about it, i also have a SWR-WKM15 and i like that a little better. i have the Roland 500 at a friends house and use it for recording all the time, sounds and works great.
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I didn't talk about the DB-500 because I really didn't like it. The DB-700 sounded better but was even more money. They both just sounded "wrong" to me. I found the modeling functions to be useless and the sound very ordinary. Combined with the high price...nothing to write home about for me.

I know several people who have one or the other and are very happy with them. It's all about what "you" like.

There are sounds I like and sounds I don't like, just like everyone else. I don't like Bass Pods, Acme B2's, Carvins, Warwicks (for the most part) and several other sounds. That's just me and absolutely no reflection on the gear.
  4. NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    What kind of modeling have the Roland DBs ?
  5. jwoertz

Mar 28, 2000
    It's got three types: Solid State, Tube, and Tube Overdrive. Here's a picture of the top panel: