1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Roland DB-900 pricing

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by j_nition, Mar 19, 2010.

1. j_nition

j_nition

Jul 28, 2009
    Hi guys... anyone have an idea of what the used market is fetching for one of these?

I have a DB-500 and Love it but the 4x10/2x12 passive radiator setup on the DB-900 has me interested in maybe upgrading at some point.

Thanks bass dudes

2. very interesting combo that... would love to hear how it sounds! their smaller combos have been among the best sounding I've tried

3. I almost bought one of these about 8 yrs ago when I was considering downsizing my rig. But decided to pass due to its weight (135 lbs).

Last year I found a used one on craigslist. The seller wanted $1500.00 for it, and not a penny less. Way over priced in my opinion. $500.00 - $700.00 is more appropriate depending on the condition.

There aren't many of them around, because not very many were sold before Roland discontinued the model.

TD

4. j_nition

j_nition

Jul 28, 2009
    I was hoping to score at around $500.

$1500 is obscene!

5. Agreed! Seems to me that's what they sold for new.

TD

6. WarRick

WarRick

Jan 1, 2018
    Washington, DC
    I own a DB-900 (since 2002) and paid $1500 for it back then. I've used it perhaps 10 times since then, preferring to preserve it for special occasions. I can attest that the weight (141 lbs) is VERY much a negative factor, but I've adopted techniques over the years to account for that (e.g., using a step stool to help me get it into the bed of a truck). While it's very heavy, I still can manage to get it around where it needs to go; however I can see how the weight may intimidate others given there are much lighter alternatives. I've read some reviewers were skeptical of the 320 watt amp to drive the 7 speakers - but I can assure you this thing can make the house shake if you bring it up to 5 on both volume knobs. The 'passive' 12's work, but I'm not sure exactly what they contribute to the overall sound coming out of this combo. I'd wager they're only radiating up to around 100 hz to boost the very low end, but I can't confirm that. If this is true, I'd question the logic of putting them in this combo - the added weight of their magnets and frames may not be worth the extra low end. As Billy Sheehan says, he uses 10's for the lows and 15's for the highs, so there's that. Anyway, this amp performs well and reliably but it doesn't have the best *tone*. My SWR Workman's 15 combo runs circles around the DB-900 in that department (bring back SWR, please bass gods!!). But, the DB-900 has enough power to fill a large hall with ample bass presence and the tones can be shaped in many ways to deliver a pretty good overall sound. I've thought about selling my DB-900, but I know I would never get what I want for it, so I'll keep it as a covered piece of furniture and bring it out when I need some serious horsepower.

7. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    I used the DB 700 for many years. It sounded great with a JBL K 140 in it.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020