1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Roland DB700---need owners' opinions.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Danham, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Danham

Danham Guest

Feb 11, 2003
    Shreveport LA
    My local Roland dealer said they'd get a DB700 in if I was seriously considering getting one. I am. I need opinions from people that have owned them. If you've just tried one out in a store tell me what you thought too. I'm not concerned with not being able to hook up extension cabs to it.:bassist:

2. muchsoul2u

muchsoul2u

Jan 24, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    The DB-700 does not have the ability to add an extention speaker. I mainly used it for rehearsals and medium-sized gigs so I have never needed additional speakers anyway. Its a very solid, loud combo, especially for its size. The low end is what got me, it sounds so much bigger than you see.

3. it's a very loud amp, and it soudns awesome! very tight. also a good cube-style design and versatile sound. the tube drive mode is a good one, i might add

4. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    I've had the "pleasure" of living with one of these for 2 years. The first thing it did was through my back out when I carried it down stairs. It is small, but heavy (77lbs). Its pretty loud, but the sound just sucks. Its hard to describe. It always sounds kind of mechanical. I could never dial in a nice pillowy tone. I'm now using a Sansamp bassdriver DI through the PA and I love the sound. I played several gigs with it. In a loud (60 people) bar with a 2 guitar blues band it just barely kept up, un miked. I wanted to sell the amp, but it crapped out last week. Power light on....no sound....no control lights. I was actually Happy, because no body wanted to buy it.