Roland DB700---need owners' opinions.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Danham, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Danham

Danham Guest

Feb 11, 2003
    Shreveport LA
    My local Roland dealer said they'd get a DB700 in if I was seriously considering getting one. I am. I need opinions from people that have owned them. If you've just tried one out in a store tell me what you thought too. I'm not concerned with not being able to hook up extension cabs to it.:bassist:
  2. muchsoul2u

Jan 24, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    The DB-700 does not have the ability to add an extention speaker. I mainly used it for rehearsals and medium-sized gigs so I have never needed additional speakers anyway. Its a very solid, loud combo, especially for its size. The low end is what got me, it sounds so much bigger than you see.
  3. it's a very loud amp, and it soudns awesome! very tight. also a good cube-style design and versatile sound. the tube drive mode is a good one, i might add
  4. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    I've had the "pleasure" of living with one of these for 2 years. The first thing it did was through my back out when I carried it down stairs. It is small, but heavy (77lbs). Its pretty loud, but the sound just sucks. Its hard to describe. It always sounds kind of mechanical. I could never dial in a nice pillowy tone. I'm now using a Sansamp bassdriver DI through the PA and I love the sound. I played several gigs with it. In a loud (60 people) bar with a 2 guitar blues band it just barely kept up, un miked. I wanted to sell the amp, but it crapped out last week. Power light control lights. I was actually Happy, because no body wanted to buy it.