1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Roland G77

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by contrabassie, May 28, 2011.

1. contrabassie

contrabassie

Mar 11, 2003
    Belgium
    Hi Justin,

I saw a Roland G77 bass for sale and I'm getting some GAS. It will be sold with the synth pedal (PG700) and a kind of programmer (PG 800).
    I can't find a lot of info about this bass.
    What's your opinion about this bass? When do you use it (I remember you with this bass at a Beck-concert in Belgium, Pukkelpop festival).

Of course: opinions about this bass of other bass players on the forum are welcome.

Bart.

2. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen

Mar 25, 2005
    I have two of them and they're great. It's basically an '80's Ibanez. Fantastically well made. Really good sounding pickups and basic tone. For me, it was all about the preposterous vibe of it, but it turns out it's a great sounding and playing instrument. Feels great worn, impossible to play on the knee. :)

I used it along with the synth module and programmer recently on the M83 album I'm producing as well, but prior to that, I've only ever used it as a bass.

Best,
    Justin