Roland GR-20 - new Stammie - HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bubingaboy, Mar 11, 2005.

1. bubingaboy

Oct 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Okay, a few weeks ago I posted a thread about Roland V-Bass.

I need to ask the question. I have read the threads and visited harmony central. I can't seem to find a good review of how well the GR-20 works with a bass (particularly with a 13 pin output internal preamp type thingy... good english, huh?).

Anyway, where can I find a good write up on how well the Roland GR-20 WITH THE BASS PATCH DOWNLOAD works?

My Stambaugh should be ready in the next couple of weeks and I want some informative information (what else would it be?) from some people that have had mileage with this setup (i.e. bass with GR-20).

Sooooo..... anybody out there work with the Roland GR-20 WITH A BASS GUITAR before?

Let me know!!!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to read my incoherent thoughts (hey... it's Friday night.....).
  2. RunBeerRun

RunBeerRun Banned

Mar 10, 2003
    Just a post to say, try posting this in the effects catagory.
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    If you do a search in the effects forum, using the search criteria 'gr20 or gr-20' you'll find a number of threads I've posted in regarding this topic.
    To sum up, it works ok but there's still latency esp on the lower strings. I used a divided pickup (such as roland gk-2b or 3b).
    If you have a piezo output (which I think you might be referring to when you say '13 pin output internal preamp type thingy') then you might have better luck.