Roland Pk-5, midi questions advice

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by camerondye, Nov 5, 2004.

1. camerondye

Nov 7, 2000
    I am trying to get a pk-5 setup going mainly to use for organ sounds and other various stuff.

I need any helpful hints on getting it setup.

I also need some ideas of a sound module to use. I have found used Korg Triton racks, but they are more than I want to spend. I mainly want organ sounds, but maybe some other stuff would be good too. HELP....

2. cameron-
    i have aPk5 to do something similar. I use it as a Midi bass synth. I have an alesis nanobass- synth module, works real well for "copping" a moog tarus type sound. As well as single note keyboard parts in U2 type tunes.
    That said understand that it will play polyphony as long as you can play multiple pedals the same time (something i can't do while standing and playing). currently, I have it set for single notes or single+octave. I've read of people hooking the Pk5 up to samplers whereby keyboard patches have been sampled and triggered as individual sounds.
    It a great pedal board, and runs fairly long on 6-AA batteries, but if you get the chance by the electrical adapter, its saved me a few times (and vice versa-keep batteries handy). the pedal board does a great job of covering the octave, you just got to practice playing your bass and stepping on certain pedals at the right times. Lastly, wear thin shoes or your guarenteed to hit a few clunkers. :eyebrow: