Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roland V-Bass is discontinued...?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Marcus Willett, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    Was doing a bit of research and ran across:

http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-ROLVBASS?source=Affiliates&kbid=1193

Did some more and it looks as though Roland has discontinued the V-Bass! :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

This was such a great idea and Roland didn't support it for squat! NO editor, NO librarian, NO support!....IDIOTS!

Whatever...I've got 2 basses with the pickup kits and 2 floor units which I guess will have to last me a long time; it's just sad to see such a great idea die an undeserved death....

2. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    ROLAND still has the V-bass offered on their site.

Maybe the vendor just has chosen to stop offering it?

3. Marcus Willett

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Yeah, it's mysterious. They do show up on various websites, but the chatter seems to be that they are, or are going to be discontinued. Nobody seems to advertise them anymore, at least not in the stupid number of catalogs I get all the time.

One thing is certain; Roland doesn't seem interested in developing or promoting this product, but that seems like their standard MO. :meh:

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    It really wouldn't surprise me to see it discontinued. As much as I love my VBass, the pedalboard still gets a majority of the gigs. I think TB is a very good cross-section of the bass playing population, and there are probably only a dozen or so members that I can think of who even own a VBass, and several of those aren't all that active here anymore, and don't use the VBass on a regular basis.
    Just in case, I guess I'd better go ahead and pick up another pickup or two for it! One thing I didn't see on the Roland site that I'm interested in, though, is the internal mount kit for the GK3B. Is that still available anywhere?

5. chrisp2u

chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Roland is pretty horrible at developing most of their products beyond initial release except for their keyboard/synths. I have a V-drum kit which cost more than just about anything else they make... no editor/software, and less connectivity (no USB or FireWire) yet all of their synths which cost 1/4 as much provide that and more.
    ---
    c

6. Marcus Willett

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    I never saw a GK3B kit. I have two basses with the internal GK2B kit; the only place I ever found them was Musicians Friend.