Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roland V-Bass owners:did you mod it?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Le Basseur, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    Hi all,
    I wonder if any of the V-Bass owners have seen this:
    http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/mod-your-roland-vs/
    Amongst other goodies regarding the VS engine,there's an interesting upgrade that these guys reccomend also for the VG-88 (Roland's guitar synth) and V-Bass.It's the upgrade of the output opamp chips,the replacement of the older-generation UPC4570 (IC20 and IC21) with the newer,better OPA2134.
    Opinions?
    Is that worth the effort?
    Regards,

2. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Sounds interesting.
    Perhaps you ought to ask the people at the V-Bass forum? They'd be into that, I imagine.
    I still don't have a v-bass, alas.

3. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    Thanks for input!
    I was looking at the forum you indicated but no info there...I just thought that TalkBass is a more fertile ground!:)
    Yes,alas...you should buy one,now that they're somewhat cheaper!
    Regards,

4. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    I dunno. Getting most of the V-Bass owners to actually talk about their experiences or share knowledge seems to be an exercise in futility. I say this after having been on one V-Bass forum for a few years and moderating and admining at http://www.vbass.thedrillgun.com for maybe two months.

It's a real pity because it's an incredibly capable unit and it's deeeeep.

I do think we've talked about the stuff you mention over there, and new questions could elicit further responses; eveidently there are a couple people who have ties across both forums.

5. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    It is quite possible that when, or if, I get myself a V-Bass, I'll mess with it. I tend to tinker with much of my stuff in one way or another...