1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ROLL TIDE!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fli, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Fli

Fli

Apr 30, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Just wanted to let out a big RTR and tell all you Bama/Saban-haters: I TOLD YOU SO ;)
    Can't wait for the Iron Bowl :p

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    As a UGA alumnus, all I can say is DAMN! The Tide are the real deal. They should definitely when the SEC this year, and the National Championship. Both their offensive and defensive lines are devastating!:eek:

3. Fli

Fli

Apr 30, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    I hope you're right! The lines do look spectacular this year, I just hope they stay healthy.

4. In all fairness, UGA did outplay Alabama in the second half but it wasn't enough to make it back. Either way, The Tide looked good and Georgia didn't show up.

Either way, that game doesn't matter to me.

WAR EAGLE!!

5. Me either, it's all talk until it's on the field. 'Bama won't be "rolling" so smoothly against either set of Tigers, they'll both be up for that game, doubly so for the ones from Baton Rouge.

6. funkometer

funkometer Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    Football: The official club for douchebags everywhere!

7. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I'm not sure saying that sometime in the future Saban will have Bama contending for a national title counts as telling us so.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6021015#post6021015

Especially since we're only 5 weeks into the season.

8. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Fixed your post.

9. Fli

Fli

Apr 30, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    to be fair, yes UGA did come out the second half fired up and they outplayed Bama for a lil while. UGA is a very good team, Stafford has a freaking cannon for an arm, and UGA still has a legit shot at the SEC title.

LSU will be a tuff game for sure, but I haven't seen anything from AU worth worrying about :smug:. they have a fast defense sure, but that won't mean a whole lot when the Tide smashes it down they're throats... btw the spread eagle is garbage

10. Fli

Fli

Apr 30, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    damn that search function! lol you're right. I'm getting my forums confused

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I think all the others places Saban coached at felt this way at one point as well. But hey, enjoy it my brother. It was a dominating performance for a while Saturday night. It would have been better to see you guys play like you did in the first half for the full 60 minutes.

-Mike

12. You should know that Auburn will bring out everything and give Alabama the fight of their lives. It's going to be a fun Iron bowl.

13. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Its still way too early for 'Bama fans to be screaming for the National Title. They'll get there, but its going to be another year or two. I've said this all along since they hired Saban, and I'm holding to it. They have been incredibly impressive thus far, but I don't expect it to hold up. They were garbage against Tulane, and I expect to see some more of that this season. Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson will be gone next year, so they'll have a kid w/ no experience starting. Not Good. The year after, though, when Julio Jones and that Ingram kid are Juniors, 'Bama will be scary!

14. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Beating Auburn is no certainty, but it's nothing to worry about for now. The Barn looks horrible on offense with no sign of improvement. Their defense is good, but it doesn't appear that they'll be able to hold Bama to a low score necessarily. If Bama can score 3 or 4 touchdowns on them, how likely is it they the Barn could stay in the game? Not very likely I think, but we'll see. And neither team has to worry about not getting up for this game. Auburn might be hungry to prevent Bama from beating them when they're having a rocky year, but Bama will be twice as hungry to pound Auburn in the ground after losing so many in a row.

The LSU game is the big one in my mind. Saban vs. Miles, with the division bid on the line. Both teams will be pumped. I don't know that either team has a big advantage here. LSU is at home, which helps, but Bama seems to be the better team at least for now. I'm just looking forward to this.

As for the SEC title, Auburn still has to play Bama, Vandy and Georgia. They'll likely lose at least one of those if two or three.

Georgia still has to play Vandy, Florida and LSU. Georgia will lose at least one of those I think.

Florida has Georgia, LSU and Vandy. They'll likely lose another.

LSU has Florida, Georgia and Bama. They could beat all those teams, or might come out with a loss or two. Heck, they could lose all three.

Bama on the other hand only has LSU to face in terms of something that will definitely be big. Less menacing, but we could still lose to anyone if we aren't careful.

Given how well Bama is playing, I think they have the greatest chance of coming out on top in the SEC, as long as they can stay hungry AND healthy.

15. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I can't wait for the LSU/Bama game. They've always been big "rivalry" games, but this is gonna be huge! I was looking forward to watching LSU play Florida and GA, but after this weekend, I'm much more focused on Bama.

I might have to eat a lot of words after that game.

But probably not. :smug:

16. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves...there are two very serious tests before 'Bama hits Death Valley, I'll be all versions of excited if LSU shows up to that game undefeated...but I won't be too surprised or really disappointed if they aren't...

17. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Man, everytime I try to be all cool and cocky about LSU, you've gotta swoop in behind me and steal my meal. Jerk.

18. Hey, here's a Happy Meal, Spanks:

happymeal13.

19. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Does it come with a prize?

20. Yeah a second consecutive NC for our favorite NCAA football team.

:D