Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roller Coaster

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ghosta, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Ghosta

Ghosta

Jan 18, 2003
    Any Roller Coaster Fans out here in Bass Land.

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    No. I hate Roller Coasters. My girlfriend, loves them. Oh what fun we have at the fair....

I personaly don't see why anyone would call mind numbing terror "Fun". I mean, you get in line, all these people are smiling and stuff, all excited. then they get on the ride, and scream for their lives, as if death was REALLY right behind them. they get off, want to vomit, and ..

WANT TO DO IT AGAIN.

Dorks. :meh:

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Mind numbing terror is the best fun there is. ;) I love roller coasters, for the same reason I like driving fast.

4. Ghosta

Ghosta

Jan 18, 2003
    Anyone been to Ohios Ceder Point or Six Flags Magic Mountain in California? these are the supreme parks for roller coasters

5. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Yeah I like Roller Coasters.

6. Dumfish

Dumfish

Oct 6, 2001
    Santa Rosa, Ca
    I don't like roller coasters. I like driving fast.

Difference: I'm in total control while driving.

I think that gets the point across.

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    and plus, you have a much higher chance for harm while driving!

:cool:

:meh:

[edit: after seeing screen name, makes much more sense. :oops: ]

8. Me and my dad slept in the car for the grand opening of that 420 foot RC at ceader point, i crapped my pants, but luckly we brought second pairs. ;)

9. I LIKE Roller Coasters, not quite love. The vertigo I get at heights keeps it in check. One time I rode one of those "Zipper" rides, one of the girls on the ride puked and my friend and I got stuck at the top upside down. It was great fun.

I have a bit of a weak stomach for them though, I can't go on too many rides.

Driving fast is great fun! But it is also extremely dangerous. I only do it on an open road with no one around, or when I'm being chased by the fuzz.

10. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    When I was younger, My family would pass through Ohio from P.A. to hit Michigan...We would make a point to stop and go to Cedars Point...Man...You're right...Cedar has awsome Rollar Coasters.

11. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    Roller Coasters are great. The best part about roller coaster is that when you ride them, you know you probably won't die-so it's fun. When I'm in the car with somebody driving fast I always have to worry about dying. Of course when I drive fast I don't worry about it so that's fun too.

12. My wife and I spent our honeymoon at Cedar Point. Yea, we like roller coasters :)

The most 'exotic' coaster I ever rode was Fujiyama in Japan, at the time it was the tallest in the world (1995) - I even got a Guiness Book of Worlds record card after riding it. Funny too, cause its in a rinky-dink park.

13. cabooke

cabooke

Jan 26, 2002
    Orange County, CA
    I haven't made it to Cedar Point yet, but I love Magic Mountain. You haven't expierenced roller coaster anything until you ride on "X" The cars hang off to the side of the track, and spin 360 degrees front to back as. AAAAHHHH!!!!!:D

14. almost every roller coaster ive ridden on i've puked. Literally at least a dozen times (prolly more). so no thanks. Water slides are :cool: though

15. ide probaly love um if ide go on one big enough, i only went on pretty small ones, one at disney world when i was in grade 3(8 years ago) space mountain, it was pretty good, i guess, wasnt too scary though, it was in the dark so it just felt like being jerked around with lights moving around you, oh yeah thats "terrifying":rolleyes:

16. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
  17. Dumfish

Dumfish

Oct 6, 2001
    Santa Rosa, Ca
    Yeah, I know it's not very logical, but I get sick on roller-coasters primarily because I feel that I'm being jerked around and I have no control over it. Also, why I don't like riding with other people.

And the name: That's from long ago and it just became my undisputed screen name.

18. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Me, me, me! I like 'em.