Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roller Skating.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Ouch. I hurt. 'Our' daughter had her first "friends" birthday party this afternoon and we had it at a roller rink. I wasn't going to rollerskate- my body has been beat to hell, it's the last thing I need. The last time I put on rollerskates was around 8 years ago (very briefly), and then probably 15 years before that. Anyway, our daughter really wanted me to skate and help her and some of her friends make it around. Try turning a little girl down at her birthday party... I honestly only fell 3 times, and each time was a result of being pulled down by a 7 year old girl. Really. She and the rest of the girls had a great time. And this is a feeling that I'm sure will not go away for a few days.

2. I take my inline skates to skate parks, so I know the feeling of pain on wheels. I'm still recovering from slipping off a quarterpipe and landing straight on my rear last week. :crying: That's what you get standing next to a drop in point. Man, what a boneheaded move.

Not quite the same, since you can argue what I did was willing.

3. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I used to work at a skating rink after school and I saw some nasty injuries. The two that stick out are the 80-something year old woman with gushing head wound, and the 13 year old girl who lost an arm. I'm not kidding either. She had a prosthetic and when she fell, her arm came off and slid about 30 feet across the floor. One of my co-workers picked up her arm and when he gave it back to her, he said "Need a hand?" I've never seen anything to top that yet.......

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Golden Boy,

Did you couple skate? Did you hold her hand? Did you win the limbo? Did you get athlete's foot?

brad cook

5. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    GB, props to ya man...I think it's great that you took part in that with your little one...I hope yall took lots of pictures because you and your daughter will enjoy them later on down the road.