1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rollercoaster effect when playing

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by CollinR, Sep 29, 2010.

1. CollinR

CollinR

Aug 23, 2010
    So I have been playing the bass for the past two years and i've noticed something about my playing and want to see if others experience this aswell. It seems that my playing goes through an almost rollercoaster effect over time. Some days I'll play really well, speed will come easy, and my tone is right where I want it to be. Other days i'll be playing below this. I won't be abe to play certain fast or tricky songs like I was able to, or my tone will be off, or I'll get tired quickly. I use a consistent form and play for at least an hour a day, sometimes upwards to 2-3 but I just get really down when I go through the days where I play like poop because I know I can do better. I currently don't do any warmup exercises which may be a problem. Is there anything I can do to even out my playing?

2. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    1 hour of practice per day will keep you covered.

No matter how long we've been at it, sometimes we're just naturally "on" and sometimes we're not.
    The reasons behind it are really too many to count and you can't really plan to be "on"

What you CAN plan for is to minimize the negative effects of being "off":
    by developing good habits, solid technique, and a strong foundation of fundamentals.
    Keep at it, and the "off" days will get progressively less "off"