1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rolling Stones under 24-hour armed guard after contractor shot dead

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Whousedtoplay, Feb 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
    By Parker Hall — February 15, 2016

rolling-stones-musical-group-1200x0.

Rock and Roll legends The Rolling Stones are now surrounded by an armed guard 24 hours a day after a 55-year-old contract worker was shot and killed during their current South American tour.

The incident happened following the group’s stadium show at La Plata in Buenos Aires, Argentina, when three cars attempted to hijack a van which contained cash from the venue’s alcohol sales...

Rolling Stones under 24-hour armed guard after contractor shot dead

2. Now that's scary. I'd be ready to be home after that.

3. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    Nothing new for these boys

ONYX likes this.
  4. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    So the bad boy image was not actually 99% hype?

Best i can tell they are a bunch of art school kids who formed a band and took advantage of their chief rivals squeaky clean image to set themselves apart by adopting an image as the "bad boys" of R&R.

But it was just an image, not a lifestyle. Their lifestyle was more akin to running around Europe, Africa, and Asia in Keef's (chauffeured) Bentley seeking enlightenment from assorted and sundry shamen (not the band by that name) and mystics rather than hanging around with crooks and thugs planning armored car heists.

El Güero likes this.
  5. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    I think the bad boy image came from numerous arrests as they became everybody's high-profile drug bust bait in the '70's. There was violence and gunfire at times, according to Keith, who didn't finish art school. Fortunately for them (him in particular) it seems they could afford good legal representation, so he spent little time in the actual pokey.

fhm555 likes this.
  6. El Güero

El Güero

Oct 5, 2015
    But that's still a whole 0.44% less pure than Ivory soap.

Anita Pallenberg was the baddest one in that bunch.

farshore, fhm555 and TomB like this.