Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rolls rm65 or other rackmountable mixer

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by matt.larson@excite.com, May 9, 2001.

1. I'm looking at getting a rackmountable (preferably one-rack space) mixer for my bass. The reason I need it is because I've got a stereo bass and a single mono input effects processor so I need something that will allow me to get the effects to both left and right outputs while maintaining the stereo image. The easiest way I've thought of is with a mixer with aux sends and returns. The one mixer I've been looking at is the Rolls rm65 so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this mixer good or bad. Also, any other ideas on either another mixer or another way of going about with what I'm trying to accomplish? Thanks,

2. APouncer

APouncer

Nov 3, 2000
    Lancashire, UK
    Sorry, I can't help you, but I am very interested as to what a stereo bass is!

3. >>Sorry, I can't help you, but I am very interested as to what a stereo bass is!<<

Hey Apouncer, My stereo basses (Peavey B Quad 4 and 5) have individual piezo pickups under each saddle of the bridge. I can pan each string to the left or right and there is a left and a right output on the bass. It's very cool, especially for chordal type things.