1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Roma Fully Carved Upright

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by dennison, Jul 3, 2004.

1. I am selling a 3/4 size Roma fully carved upright bass. The bass was made in romania
    I purchased the bass new from Robertsons
    and Sons violins (a nationally renound dealer) in march of this year. The bass has been setup
    by their
    luthiers and it plays very well. There were three identical upright basses and this bass was
    the best sounding out of all of them. I am forced to sell as there is a new baby on the way
    so I have to put off my hobby for a couple years until I graduate college. The bass fretboard
    is all ebony as well as tail peice the bridge is adjustable. The bass includes
    soft case, fiberglass bow an upright bass stand, two dampit humidifiers I will also throw
    in the simandl book. I am asking $3000 which
    is a great deal. It pains me to sell as it was all I thought about the whole time I was saving
    up and rolling my spare change. I am located in Albuquerque New Mexico but I would be willing
    to meet someone half way if your in a surrounding state
    or i will even ship if thebuyer is willing to pay the I imagine hefty shipping and packing cost.
    for pics email
    me at incredibledennis@yahoo.com
  2. matt macgown

matt macgown Guest

Dec 1, 2003
    Chattanooga, TN
    Keep it! If you are gonna be a bass player - and you probably are - economic solutions will come along. Selling is easy. Buying back is not.
    (12 years of college and four kids later -)
  3. well I am using some of the money to buy a less expensive bass.
  4. matt macgown

matt macgown Guest

Dec 1, 2003
    Chattanooga, TN
    Great! I should'na said that, anyway. I got a cheap Chinese bass (4/4) and am having lots of fun with it. Til I can get maybe a Christopher or such as that. Basses are everywhere.
  5. here she is on ebay with pics
  6. I live in Albuquerque area and I just went to Roberstsons this morning -- call me at 893-4417 (during workdays) I really want to get an upright. ishta at fastmailbox dot net