Romance with a Double Bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by bootsaco, Feb 17, 2003.

1. bootsaco

Sep 8, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Has anyone ever seen the movie "romance with a double bass?" it's a 40 minute long john clease flick, about a double bass player and a princess. it's really funny in a bass nerd kind of way. if you haven't seen it, it's definitely worth scouring your local video store's british comedy section for.
  2. arnoldschnitzer

arnoldschnitzer AES Fine Instruments

Feb 16, 2002
    Brewster, NY, USA
    I've never seen that one...does anyone know the W.C. Fields movie with the scene where he beats the crap out of a bass for getting his cello knocked up? He opens the closet door and there's a bunch of baby fiddles, so the daddy bass pays the price...
  3. ctrlzjones

Jul 11, 2013
    ... and here it goes (I also dare to believe that 'John Cleese' is not spelled with an 'a' of 440 Hz but with an 'e' of 659,25 Hz; and yes, I admit: I've looked that up, still not knowing if that's the natural or tempered tuning ...) But the beautiful and heavy bass case is most certainly made from wood.
    And the director is not J C but Robert Young, the guy that also has done 'fierce creatures', starring J C, so there should be some ties involved.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015