Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Romania... my bass may end up there.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PeaveyTNT, Oct 12, 2002.

1. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    Now, the story.

My neighbor dude is going to
    Romania to teach English and stuff... He plays bass. Very well for that matter... He is going to bring a bass. He doesnt want to take his Spector or his Ibanez 5 Fretless that Gary Willis customized for him. He asked me if he could take either my Ibanez GSR200 or my Squier P. If I let him, I get to play around with his Spector or Ibanez for 6 months while he is gone.

You have probably guessed the reason he doesn't want to take his is because they have a good chance of being stolen and if he takes one of mine and it gets stolen, he can just buy me a new one since it would only be about $250 to replace one of mine.

Does this sound like a good deal that I should take him up on?

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Why not?

Go for it!

3. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    i would, sound sliek a nice deal, just don't hurt his, cause it sounds like it would take a lil more than $250 to fix that mistake

4. i see no reason not to. He's on the losing end of the deal.
    whatever
    munky charmz

5. Yep go for it. So long as you don't damage his you already know he can replace yours so if you're careful there's nothing to lose!

6. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    I am doing it. I went over to his house today and told him he could take my Ibanez if I get his Ibanez...

I am gonna miss by bass so much though... I love the little bugger. I know the GSR200 is not very popular on this thread, but I love mine... it kicks the crap out of ANY Squier, and is cheap, sounds good, and... OK, i am rambling again. Refer to 1st paragraph for the point of this post.