Ron Brendle's new record

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Ed Fuqua, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Ron lives in NC, used to post here a little bit. And has a new trio record out called HERE that I sampled at cdbaby. I met Ron at the Charlkie Haden master class at Atlantic Center for the Arts, lo those many years ago and he has released about 5 records as a leader twixt then and now.

Many of which are with Frank Kimbrough on piano, all of which sound really great. Check'em out
  2. JazznFunk

JazznFunk Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    I have to give props to this disc as well. Another great one is "Autumn", his duo disc with Frank. Ron is an acquaintance of mine (I'm in Asheville) and we chat whenever he comes to the Asheville Jazz Composers Forum to play. Great guy, phenomenal playing. Heard him last month at the forum as well, playing in Bill Gerhardt's double quartet and with John Alexander and Chris Garges.

BTW, if anyone is reading this that's in the area, the Asheville JCF is having this month's concert tomorrow night at 8pm at the Cafe on the Square in downtown Asheville. My group, the Chronology Trio, is being featured, along with Jon Thornton, Bill Gerhardt, Mike Holstein, and Sonny Thorton. All original compositions by myself, Victor Walker (my guitarist), and Jon.