1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ron Carter:AAJNY CoverGirl

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Ed Fuqua, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
  2. Thanks for the link - lots of good stuff in it - saved a copy so I can peruse at leisure¬Ö

- Wil

3. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    thanks Ed

4. Andy Allen

Andy Allen "Working Bassist"

Aug 31, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks Ed,

I just caught RC a few weeks ago at Catalina's here in LA - great show...particularly interesting as it was a piano/bass/drums/percussion quartet...some super swinging stuff, but also some atmospheric/free arangements; great playing by all - as was expected.

I particularly liked their arrangement of "My Funny Valentine," a favourite standard of mine viewed from a new angle.

Highly recommended if you get the chance.

5. bass_means_LOW

bass_means_LOW

Apr 12, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Who else was in that group, Andy?
    Thanks Ed. I guess the interviewer asked Ron to give him
    "recommended listenings."

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Great magazine - thanks ED!!

I read through it and was very interested to see all their albums of the year - I shall look out for those!

I thought Ron Carter made an interesting point about Jazz education - no Jazz on Radio/TV and a lot of the venues he knew are gone - so people now, can't learn the way he did and he sees it that a good college programme can replace that and propogate the music! :)

7. jazzbass72

jazzbass72

Jun 26, 2003
    New York, NY
    The usual band members are Stephen Scott, piano; Payton Crossley, drums; Steven Kroon, percussion and weird assorted objects (they all sound great)

Marco