Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rondo music/CNB pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by craigb, Aug 28, 2003.

1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Rondo music pedalboards

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anybody used one of these? I'm about ready to trade in my homemade pedalboard for something with a latching cover. These look utilitarian and affordable. They claim 4" deep which I think will handle my way of using it (power strip with wall warts).

2. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I've got one. It's sturdy and a good value.

3. craigb

Hey Jondog,

Thanks for the feedback. Do you find it deep enough for all your effects? What's you tallest thing?

Thanks!

4. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Yes, the 4" depth is accurate. My tallest thing is a vintage mutron III. The case is actually a bit too deep for my stuff, so I put another piece of foam in the lid. The way I have my power strip setup, it's too tall to fit -- I've got a wall wart that comes out of the top of a 3 way plug adapter. It's ok though, I just keep my power strip in my gig bag and plug it all in when I get to the show. I suppose I could also experiment w/ shorter ways to do my powerstrip, but I like it how I've got it.

5. craigb

Thanks very much for the info!

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Wow, those are cheap. I just had a custom made for my two Morley's and a Big Muff Pi RI but I love my custom from nycpedalboards.com

7. I have the middle sized one, and it rocks. It's plenty deep. I too have an extra sheet of foam in the top, and still have enough room for all the effects, 2 wall warts, 15 feet of extension cord, 2 15 foot instrument cables, and a speaker cable. My tallest effect is probably that big silver one that screws up the exposure. I think it's over 3" tall.

I think these a great deal for the money. I was hesitant seeing it online, but when I saw it at the store, I could tell the quality.

[​IMG]

-Steve

8. so one of these should be able to handle a dunlop bass wah... i just recarpeted and recut my home-made board but these are a great deal.