Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rondo Music necks... Ever tried them?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sal_Paradise, Nov 3, 2004.

1. So, building some stuff with cheap parts and selling them for cheap, but not so cheap that I won't see a profit. What profit there is will be spent on expensive stuff, so the more I sell, the better I'll be able to make them. Anywink, the Rondo necks were the cheapest I could find. So, they're at the top of my list. I was wondering how the quality was (finish, construction, etc.).

Thanks to all!

2. if they're the ones that they put on their instruments, which im assuming, they're alright...some of the precision ones have a photo flame to em, but i might consider replacing the nuts and, this might just be me, but heavier frets in there

3. Well spoke, Heath. Thank you.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Just like with any other product, it's all hit or miss. Good luck.

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I bought one of the maple fretted p bass necks. It looks beautiful, nice grain, no blemishes, etc, and feels nice. The fretjob is decent but not great. There are probably a few high frets because there is some dead spots/notes that dont ring out up high around 17/19 frets. If a proper fretjob was done or the frets were leveled/fixed/whatever it would be a nice playing neck, but right now it is decent but not tremendous.

As mentioned you get what you pay for. Its basically what id expect to get. Im not going to shell out $150-200 to get a fretjob on it, that would be a waste, so for now its just the way it is, and i dont use it much (it is on an SX p bass that was fretless but now is fretted).

6. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Something to keep in mind is that the SX necks are not exact fits for standard (i.e., non-SX) jazz or P bodies. So you'll need to do some research on the neck and body neck pocket widths first.