Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rondo Music Shipping Charges

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkspec, Mar 21, 2003.

1. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Ok,heres the story. I was showing my dad the SX Blue Jazz bass. And he was diggin it. Then I told him the price, and now hes asking me how much shipping is. My bithday is comeing up soon, so, I think hes going to get it for me! This is really cool....because im quite poor. But, my dad has noticed my love for bass. How much does shipping cost?

2. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I just ordered one fo those blue jazz Sx basses off of Rondo actually :D I paid $40 for shipping, but that is with a hardshell case! Just the bass will cost $23 to ship. If you get it with a gig bag it will still only be $23 insured shipping. That should answer your question I think. :)

3. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    sweet, thanx man. Sorry about the double post, my pc went stupid for a second. Will the hardshell case fit my Squier P-Bass? I dont have a hardshell case and would like to get one. Thanx DnA

4. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    If it fits an SX P-Bass it will fit a Squire P-Bass.

Dan

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I had a couple of the CMB hard cases from Rondo. They were OK for the money but the interior came loose from the shell.

If you take shipping into consideration, you might be better off getting a good internet price on a SKB and heading to Guitar Center. GC also has less expensive cases that will be cheaper than Rondo.

Ask your local GC if they have any used cases. I recently bought a bass from them and the person that helped me found a nice used case (black tolex covered TKL) in the back. She sold it to me for only $5.

6. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    i've seen brand new essex basses on e-bay for 100.00 new with free shipping,matter of fact more than once,i go on there everyday looking for parts for my basses and have seen them quite often!:bassist:

7. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Wow, really? I check up on the essex's on ebay regularly and rarely see anything that cheap shipped.

8. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Did you get the rectangular wood case, or the ABS plastic molded case BillyB? I ordered the ABS one, and for $70 shipped I haven't been able to find anythign better. Last I was at GC around here the cheapo cases were $70-$80 and rather flimsy. If teh lining becomes a problem, I can always use some epoxy or something of that sort, lol.

Since your interested in the exact same bass I ordered, I'll let you know when my bass shows up and tell ya what I think of it, darkspec. (I'll review the case as well)

Peace-Byron

9. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    The molded ABS cases. Actually, I don't know if they were ABS, more like laid up fiberglass. They're pretty thin.

Seems to me that I found a good price on an SKB case on zzounds.com and had GC match it...something like $79 for a reglular rectangular Fender-fitting SKB case.

I think SKB Freedom cases are about that price regularly and they're not bad either.