1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Root 5 clackity

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by MammaryVest, Dec 13, 2006.

1. MammaryVest

MammaryVest

Oct 18, 2006
    Stoneham, MA
    When playing music like country, that could have kind of root 'fif pattern over and over again, do most people perfer just the notes themselves (BOOM boom BOOM boom) or with the added percussive hits (BOOM clacka boom clacka BOOM)??? This also leads to the question of how important clicky muted notes are in general. What do you think?

2. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I usually just play the notes on 1 and 3 with very little or no embellishment. I like to make the guitar player earn the money!

3. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize!

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    With country I tend to stay far away from the "clackity". However that doesn't mean just BOOM boom BOOM boom. We play a more "western" swing style so a lot of boom ba boom ba boom ba boom or boom ba boom boom ba boom.

Also I am doing more walking, but keeping it simpler than say blues. So a lot of 1 3 5 3 with walks between the chords.