Rosa Parks Passes Away

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by burk48237, Oct 24, 2005.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Rosa Parks a giant in the civil rights movement here in Detroit and across the nation passed away tonight at the age of 92. She will be missed, but our African American brothers no longer have to sit at the back of the Bus! God Bless her for her courage.
  2. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    RIP, I have the highest respect for Ms Parks and all the other brave, dedicated americans who are part of the ongoing battle for equal treatment and opportunity for all.

The fight may not be over, but she lived to see great strides made. I hope our generation can continue to live up to her legacy.
  3. it is amazing how one small act of courage and dignity can spark a meaningful and lasting change in the world for the better. it should be an example for all of us.
  4. McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I didn't even know she was I feel dumb.

She did alot for civil rights and its sad to see her go.
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Amen to that. :)
  6. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Someone's got a special seat "up there". :(
  7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    RIP :(

Thank you Miss Rosa, you are the spark,
  8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Great tune! Gonna listen to it now, while she's on her last bus ride...sitting down.
  9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Yes, Great tune for a Great Lady! I did the same...
  10. It's sad to see such a wonderful and important person pass on, but what she did will never be forgotten.

RIP, Rosa
  11. I didn't realize she was in Detroit for the longest time, I think I was in my 20's when I found out. One of our best kept secrets here in Detroit.

I remember when someone broke into her house, beat and robbed her. He knew who she was, too. That is one sucker I would NOT want to be in prison. "Hey man, what are you in for?" "I beat up Rosa Parks".

If I remember right, I think outraged neighbors "apprehended" him. Lucky for him the cops got there to rescue him. I might be thinking of another incident, it was back in the mid 90's.

12. I was messing around with some historical band names for fun and the first thing that came to mind was "The Montgomery Bus Boycott"

Then I got home and found out she passed away... isn't that odd?
  13. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Cue the Barbershop quote.....

Just kidding.

It took a lot of courage to do what she did, same with all of the sit-ins and the like that happened at that time.
  14. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    RIP Rosa, you've done more for this counrty than you'll ever know.... :crying:
  15. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

I thought she was dead already.

She was punk.
  16. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    One of my heros, and someone I think of when I think "Great American." :(

17. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    There was pretty heavy coverage of it in the news today here in detroit.

One thing I heard was that there were several incidences exactly like this, even before Rosa Parks. Rosa just gets the most publicity because it was hearing her story that sparked MLK to action.

Either way, I think we should all take some time to think about her and all the others that were the first to really stand up for their rights, and refuse to be mistreated. They're the real american heroes, and the real champions of the ideals set forth in our history.

I hope she gets a national holiday.

I'm ashamed at the level of poverty we allowed her to live in in detroit, but it is my understanding that it wasn't for lack of trying. She just chose to live that way. What a wonderful woman.
  18. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    And Randy, I remembe the break-in, too, so I don't think it was as far in the past as you think.