SOLD Roscoe 2015 SKB3006 Redwood Burl

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jesuguru, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Jesuguru

Jesuguru Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2003
    DC area (for now)
    Price:
    Strings:
    Owed more in taxes this year than the price of this bass new, so, sadly….

Here’s my lightly-used 2015 SKB3006 in outstanding condition, I’ve truly babied this bass. Straight neck, minor fretwear. Nitpicking over every inch of the bass, I could only find one tiny superficial finish blemish on upper rear - not a ding or nick, smooth to touch, and genuinely hard to photograph. Shows like a store model.

- Redwood burl top, mahogany body with maple accent
    - Maple/purpleheart/maple neck with wenge fretboard
    - Roscoe Barts/Bart pre with push/pull mid selector
    - 35” scale, 18mm adjustable spacing, about 10.2 pounds
    - Most importantly…. ALL the world-famous Roscoe tone.

The wenge board gives it a slightly more aggressive edge than other Roscoe boards I’ve heard before. Coupled with the full-bodied yet sweet tone from the mahogany... if you’re not heard through the mix with this one, you’re not plugged in.

Priced to move at $2700 plus CONUS shipping. Comes with OHSC in excellent condition (minor cosmetic split on front).
    Need cash flow, so not looking for trades. Budget-minded 6-string Roscoe tone-lovers, here’s your chance. My loss, your gain.

Thanks for looking!

1 Body 2.jpg 1 Bass full.jpg 1 Body closeup.jpg
    1 Body knobs.jpg 1 Rear body.jpg 1 Blemish arrow.jpg 1 Headstock.jpg 1 Headstock rear.jpg 1 Case closed.jpg 1 Letter.jpg

2. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Inactive

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    If this was 5 I would buy immediately. GLWS.

Jesuguru likes this.
  3. Joe BassPlayer

Joe BassPlayer Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Beautiful bass! This one has the recipe for awesome Roscoe tone. Mahogany body, Wenge finger board, Roscoe BART p/u’s and BART 3 Band pre!
    GLWTS

Jesuguru likes this.
  4. soulstew

soulstew Supporting Member

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    That's a real beauty. I love burled redwood.

Jesuguru likes this.
  5. Jesuguru

Sep 19, 2003
    DC area (for now)
    Could even say "4-band" with the mid-selector... or "3-at-a-time-band"? Bass is thick-sounding even set flat. Boost low-mids (knob pulled out) about 50%, and this bass gets punch that must be heard to be believed - but stays clear.

Nothing sounds like a Roscoe, and I will own one again....someday.

6. Jesuguru

Sep 19, 2003
    DC area (for now)
    All PM's read/responded, offers still welcome!

7. Man. This brings back memories. I had one of these about 8 yrs ago and it was to DIE for. No matter what I did, I got wrist pain. 6 was just too wide. I've always wanted a 5 version of this bass. If you can play a 6. Buy it. Roscoes are the bomb.

8. Jesuguru

Sep 19, 2003
    DC area (for now)
    And... sold! Thanks!

JOME77 likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022