Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe 4 String Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hiphopbassist, Dec 24, 2001.

1. Looking to buy a Roscoe 4 string fretless with lines. Been playing it at the store for a couple of days. Although on playing for 2 years, I seem to play it in tune. The lines have a lot to do with that of course. The type of music I play is a little jazz, reggae, and live instrument hip hop. I'm thinking that this is going to give me some super tones. I'll run it through a Mesa/Boggie 400+ head with 2 Bag End 1 x 15 cabs. One cab has the coaxial tweeter.

I guess my question here is am I on the right track? The only thing that concerns me a little is that the neck is held on with only 3 bolts. I'm sure that's not important though. If I get this bass, I'll be putting on TI Flats. I currently play a fretted Music Man which I'll be selling regardless of whether I buy the Roscoe. Email me if anyone is interested in the MM.

Thanks in advance for any opinions/advice.

peace,
    Vince

2. Three bolts seems weird to me, all the Roscoes I have seen have always had 4 bolts (except for a thru-neck), but I haven't seen a Roscoe with lines either. But the Roscoes are real nice looking basses and the one I played (an LG 3005 fretless) sounded really good, it had one of those diamondwood fingerboards.

I think that you should decide. If it sounds good, and you say it plays good, and if the price is right, you should get it.

Geoff

3. The 4 string models have 3 bolts. 5 strings and up have 4.

4. Pix52

Pix52

Dec 11, 2001
    FT. LAUDERDALE, FLA
    If the price is right and you like the way it plays and looks, buy it, their all different and each bass (I've owned 10 5's and 6's of them, now own 4 6's) has it's own voice and feel. Some of them feel like old friends and others you can't belive how they have no vibe for you.