Roscoe 7 String

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Peter Parker, May 1, 2003.

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I'm not sure where my first thread went but here it is again. This is a beautiful Roscoe 7 string with what I believe to be a myrtle top/back, purpleheart fingerboard, Bart p/u's and 3 band 18 v electronics. It's in like new condition. The Roscoe lightweight case is included. I'm selling this for a friend so no trades please. $1800
  2. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    What's the other wood on the fb?
  3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    That's what Roscoe calls "spalted purpleheart." It's the same piece of wood.
  4. my heart flutters with joy :(
    wish the economy wasn't so bad...
  5. yowzers. nice bass.

how does the myrtle sound in comparison to the spanish cedar bodies keith uses? i own a 6er with the spanish cedar and would love to hear your input.
  6. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Actually, I think the tone is fatter. The lows seem to be rounder and tighter with a very warm clear top end. When I get a fretted Roscoe to go with my fretless, I may go myrtle just because I like the sound of this bass so much. If I were in the market for a 7 string you guys would have never seen this bass, unless I posted it in a "look what I just got" thread. Even though I don't want a 6 string, had it been one I probably would have bought it. Though when I brought it home my wife told me no without even knowing the situation that I was selling it for my internet challenged friend.
  7. not to hijack your thread or anything, but what kind of woods does your fretless roscoe have? i heard the soundclip you posted which was cool. would you recommend myrtle for one of keith's fretlesses?
  8. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    My fretless has the spanish cedar with box elder top. I would definitely suggest the myrtle for fretless. It's fat but still plenty of the "right" mids for fretless. I totally love the cedar for fretless as well, very acoustic like but not hollow. The sound clips really don't capture the tone well. I would love to hear a myrtle fretless. It wouldn't surprize me to like it a bit more based on my experience with this 7 string.