Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe Basses comming to Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    FYI.....
    I just talked to the guys at http://www.americanguitarboutique.com/ in St Paul, Mn, they just came back from the Namm show and tell me that they are expecting some Keith Roscoe basses very soon :cool: I saw pics of the wood choices and I cant wait :hyper:

2. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Good news for us folks here! Now someone doesn't have to buy one unseen or unplayed. I had to buy my first Roscoe without playing one first, it was risky but after read such good stuff about them I figured I couldn't go wrong. I liked it so much that I ended up buying a second one.

After your first post letting people know about the store, I e-mailed them to see if they were going to expand the line to include USA Smiths, Roscoe, Lakland, or MTD basses and never got a response from them, I was and still am dissapointed with that. Do you know if they are going to carry any of these? Did they ever get a Suhr bass in?

In my opinion, with the exception of the Suhr basses, they are kind of on the deep end of the boutique basses that they advertise on their Web site.

http://community.webshots.com/user/pistoleroace

3. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    Thats great news!!! There are not to many great music stores in MN

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Hmm, sounds like a road trip is gonna have to be in my future.

5. Fire-Starter

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA

I am not sure about the Ken Smith high end line, I know Ken did say he would contact them to discuss this, but I dont know what bacame of that? I hope they will carry his basses as well :cool: I did not see the Suhr basses, but to honest, I was kind of in and out of there, I did not see any MTD, LAKELANDS.

As far as the emails go, I will talk to them about that, and let them know that there is a community of Bass players out here checking them out, it would not be good for service to give people the impression that a vendor does not respond to questions :spit: I know customer service is a big issue talked about on this site. I am sure it is an oversite, I talk with the guys personally when I go in there and they are Kool :cool:

AS a side bar, I saw a bass made of METAL or something like that...it was a four string jazz, I cant rem the name but I have seen this a few times on the web, its a hollow metal bass with barts jazz pickups, and it cost aprx 2 grand :eek:

ahhhh I just found out what this bass is
    here is the link to that metal bass....
    http://www.americanguitarboutique.com/steelbassbodyfront.html

6. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Fire-Starter-Are you from the Twin Cities?

7. Fire-Starter

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA

Brooklyn Park!

8. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Fire - Thanks for the info. I'm sure that not getting an e-mail back was probably an oversite and on that matter, e-mail isn't perfect either, sometimes it goes into outer space and never gets recieved.

I was just at the Guitar Center in Roseville the other day but I was on my way to a buying show for work and was running late because of the weather so I didn't get time to stop by the boutique. Next time I'm in town I am going to make it a point to stop in an check them out as I do make it to the cities fairly often. I'd like to play through some Aguilar products and check out the other basses they don't have on their Web site.

Someday maybe us bassists in the area should get together and have a bassfest. We could all bring our basses to let others check them out.

Later,
    Shawn

9. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I would be in on that. I am close to Alexandra