1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Roscoe Beck 5 Photoshop request

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Aspidites, May 15, 2011.

1. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    Ok I have tried this a few times over the last year and have never been able to talk anyone into doing a photoshop for me so lets see if this time is the charm.

I am going to be ordering a pickguard for my CAR Roscoe Beck 5 and have a few choices to pick from so if anyone would be so kind here are the choices, lets see what they look like on a CAR RBV.:bassist:

silver_shell_plastic.

145_tiramisu.

141_Purple_Candy_Crush.

2. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    P1000811.

3. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    Anyone at all?

4. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2006
    New Jersey
    You're considering those pickguards for THAT bass? I have a Roscoe Beck V in the same color scheme, as seen in my avatar. It's my main instrument on gigs and recording, and has been for the past 10+ years. I'm more than a little familiar with how it looks.

Frankly, the only other pickguards that I think would go really well with the candy apple red finish are:

white/black/white 3-ply
    pearloid/black/white 3-ply
    black/white/black 3-ply
    gold anodized

It's a very classic looking bass. I can understand trying to do something a little different aesthetically. You have to do what works for your own style. But some color combinations work together a little better than others.

5. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    If you're locked in to only those 3 in your original post, I'd definitely go with the one in the middle. It's the only one of the 3 that might blend with the CAR and the rosewood, IMO.

EDIT: Sorry, I do not have any Photoshop skills...

6. jasonmatthews

jasonmatthews

Jul 10, 2016
    Atlanta, GA
    Obviously no longer relevant, but I wanted to see what they would look like anyway. I'm in no way a photoshop master.

BlueShell.
    Brown.
    TheOtherOne.