Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe Beck Bass V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Mar 8, 2003.

1. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    However they have that thing run sounds perfect. I would mess with a thing. I really like everything about those basses...except the pickguard. I just wish I could find one to PLAY!

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    They are fantastic basses... Fender really hit the nail on the head. A local guy, (talkbasser ivanthetrble), has one which I played while sitting in. I'm not a 5 stringer, (though I believe it will be a necessity in the country band which I have just joined :cool: ), but the few times I've laid hands on this bass, it spoke to me...

I believe that SMASH has and loves one also...

-robert

3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    it's like having several jazz basses (modern and vintage) rolled into one large-necked instrument... :cool:

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I had one exactly like this - which I paid for myself, all with money I earned - but I traded it in on another bass after a while as it wasn't quite the sound I wanted - you could see it as the poor man's Sadowsky.......:eek:

Joke, joke !!! :D

5. I have one. It's the shoreline gold. I love it. I just wish they were a bit more friendly with the string spacing.

6. B. Graham

B. Graham Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    That's it, right there, the bass I want. Enjoy!

7. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    The RB5 was my primary gig electric bass for several years. I still say it's the best passive fiver out there at any price.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  9. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Ok, just checking

10. You bastard... :D

11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

12. Anyone have one of these for sale? I was going to buy one about 6 years ago right after they came out but I quit playing for a while and never got it. I am currently looking for a bass to add to the arsenal and one of these would be great. Let me know- :)