Roscoe Beck IV - Color & Neck Questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ric37012, Mar 12, 2005.

1. ric37012

Mar 12, 2005

Does anyone own a RB-IV "Honeyburst" color bass? If so, can you forward a picture of it? I have some serious issues with my "honeyburst color". Also, are the fret makers to be black dots or pearlized as shown in the 05 Frontline catalog.
    Thanks in advance for the info.

send pix & neck info to:
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    What about the color has issues?

I looked on the Fender website an there are abalone dots. The picture of Roscoe holdint a 3 tone burst looks like it has abalone dots as well but I'm going to guess that this bass and the one on the site are the prototype bass and the production model will have slight changes.

I also remember seeing "specifications may change with out niotice" all over the FrontLines and the websites butat a quick glance, I can't seem to find it.
  3. ric37012

Mar 12, 2005
    I understand colors may change but Fenders 842 Honeyburst color and the color on mine are nowhere near comparisons. I also received a 'black' deluxe case instead of the brown as advertised. My FMT Jazz has the deluxe brown case that came with it. Maybe Fender ran out of brown cases. Sorry, a little bit of sarcasim. Maybe my expectations as to a $1,300 piece of equipment are a little different as to me buying a MIJ Squire. Also, it took 9 months from date of order to receive the guitar and 3 calls to Fender asking what was up with producing it. I guess they were busy. Anyway, thanks for replies. :rollno: