Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe Beck IV

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by beam, Aug 23, 2004.

1. beam

beam

Dec 29, 2002
    Anyone try one yet? I know there were a few of you on here who might have had the chance recently, but I don't remember any posted reviews :(

[​IMG]

2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    I've been GASing for one for a while. I heard a 5'er at an outdoor gig I went to this summer. The guy was playing it through and an SWR350 into a WM410 and I belive a SOB.

It totally kicked butt!

Argh!

/slaps hands as they reach for wallet

:)

Joe.

3. beam

beam

Dec 29, 2002
    Its supposedly capable of good P, P/J, J/J, and MM tones, any word on this? I was considering a P/J bass, but I'm getting more and more fond of twin humbuckers...and this just seems like it could do teh P/J tones and then some.

There is no way to control the individual pickup volumes when you are running them both, but if you pull the tone pot, it cuts the neck pickup volume a bit giving the passive version of a "mid boost" I do this normally on my T-40

4. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    I couldn't see any pickup switching going on (he was moving quite a bit) but they played a mix of old country, new rock, blues, new country and old rock (a very versatile band) and he pulled off all the songs tone-wise.

I want one.

BAD!

Joe.

5. beam

beam

Dec 29, 2002
    hehe

i just wish someone around here had one in stock :(

6. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I had one on order with a promised delivery of July. Then Fender said MAYBE NOVEMBER. I cancelled my order until they they get their problems worked out and start shipping good product. I expect sometime in 2005 I'll take a serious look at them again. I have a RB5 and it is a great bass. i expect that the RB4 will be as good.

7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    music123.com have them in stock

8. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I have an RB5 and this is doable to an extent, you can choose any variety of the pickups (the humbuckers are split into 2 jazz style ones), you can have all 4 on, you can have two set up like the jazz, or one "humbucking"(both on) and one single coil type on.