Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe Beck model

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by lamarjones, Sep 21, 2005.

1. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Hey, I have been playing the Roscoe Beck sig bass for a little while, and I have to say that I think it is one awesome sounding bass. My question is, you guys know where to obtain those pickups? Any idea what the difference in those versus other dual coils from various pickup manufactureres are?

I'd like to get an alder R bass made with a maple neck, two of those pups and an East preamp. That is my next goal.......I feel funny just thinking about it!!!!

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    They're made by Fender. They're not readily available to the public but can be gotten if you know someone there.

I believe Nino-Brown may have a set or two lying around.

3. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Nordstrand and Rio Grande make "double J" models similar in design to the pickups on the Roscoe Beck. The Rio Grande version is called the Powerbucker. I forget what Nordstrand's is called, but one of Nino Valenti's basses has them, and I think it can be seen on his site.

4. TyKao

TyKao

Jun 29, 2003
    They're designed by Bill Lawrence, if I remember correctly. Maybe you can try to e-mail him and see what he can do.

http://www.billlawrence.com/

5. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks a lot fellas, I have acted on what most of you have said. Yeah, doesn't look like Fender is amped up at selling these puppies!!!