Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe Beck RBV (Custom Shop?) pic in Frontline 2003 - re: Christian Olde Wolbers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by glenn brady, Feb 22, 2003.

1. glenn brady

glenn brady

Oct 10, 2002
    i posted this as a tag to an old thread earlier, but i wondered if it might warrant a thread of it's own, since nifty axes get some buzz in here, and maybe someone out there knows something more about this:

i don't know anything about Fear Factory, but there is a picture of Christian Olde Wolbers holding what appears to be Custom Shop RBV on page 172 in the 2003 Fender Frontline catalog

Natural Body, Single Bill Lawrence in Bridge postion, single volume knob, black RBV pickguard, maple V neck with black block inlays and black binding, a la Geddy Lee

I've always wondered what an RBV would sound like with a maple neck, cause pao ferro is a little soft for me

anyone know anything about this bass or know of one similar?

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Actually, it's (if I remember what Bigfeet told me) it's actually a pickups desgined by Ibanez that's in the bridge, not a Bill Lawrence. I thought that didn't sound right, but Bigfeet said it was in a BP mag. I dunno.

I really dig his tone though. He uses the custom Fenders and an all Ampeg rig...live tone to kill for.

Steve "Dude" Barr used to have a photo album from when he hung out with the guy for a day, and maybe he'll saunter on over here if someone PMs him...