1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Roscoe Beck V on Ebay for $600 BIN

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IotaNet, Apr 26, 2006.

1. clavefa

clavefa Te Traigo El Tumbao

That's a relisted item. I was watching it , but got a FNA instead.
    I do like the finish though:)

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That's a great deal on what I hear is a great bass. I've never actually had the privilege of playing one, but if it is better than my Fender Jazz V (MIA), it is a very nice bass indeed!

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    They are wonderful basses, with TONS of passive tone options. The only gripe I ever hear about them is the necks are pretty large. That's a STEAL of a price.

4. Hyde

Hyde

Mar 30, 2006
    Woah. . .lots of passive tone options, a large neck, and a steal of a price?!? Somebody hold me down, I can't afford a new bass right now!

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Last time I ever take a nap. Coulda had that one.

6. tom grossheider

tom grossheider

Oct 14, 2004
    ILLINOISE
    Sure is a steal! Missed that one. I've tried one locally and really liked it alot, enough to buy one if a deal like this one can be had.

7. That auction had been live for two hours when I made the initial post. 40 minutes later, it was gone.

I'll BET that a TB'er scored on that one. Congrats to whomever -- that was a great buy!

You're absolutely right. Although it has an asymmetrical profile, the neck is still a handful. Too much for my Ibanez/Yamaha tastes.

8. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

I liked this part of the description.

9. yeah I hate it when the fret arent space correctly. Mayeb he meant to say it was intonated correctly? or that strings are spaced correctly? Well, water under the bridge...

10. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    that was a good deal!!!

who got it?

Marshall

11. clavefa

clavefa Te Traigo El Tumbao

Way Better than the MIA J V.
    They sound great, but the neck made my wrist hurt.

12. This was my experience as well. Really great tone, but that neck was a bit too thick (depth-wise) for me. A great deal nonetheless!

13. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    'fess up, who got her?

14. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    man repositioning the frets is a real bitch, I wish there was another way to do it :p

15. SamJ

SamJ Founder - Fender MIA Club

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL
    Damn! I missed that one! Didn't even bother to check that price range!

Somebody got a steel of a deal!

btw... for the RB bass fans.. I just got this reply from Roscoe on his site about the bass when I wrote him with some questions on it.. I had asked the type of neck it had, and also about the bridge, as I want the same bridge in Gold for my new Deluxes..