Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe Beck V owners?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 73jbass, Mar 18, 2006.

1. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    I'm looking for feedback from anybody that owns one of the basses. I'm seriously considering one that I just found,in new condition. My main concern is the neck. I have smallish hands,and from past experence from owning a Jazz 5 string,I remember it wasn't a very comfortable neck. I heard that the RB V has a different shape neck that might do the trick. Any input will be very greatfully appreciated.

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I don't have any input of my own, aside from that I've tried one in a store and it seemed like a great bass.

Here's the results of a search, however, with the word "beck" in a titles only search of the basses forum. Probably more reading material than you wanted! ;)

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

The RB5 has an asymmetrical neck profile that I find extremely comfortable despite having average sized hands at best. I own two RB5's, so that should tell you what I think of 'em. :)