1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Roscoe Beck V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Geezer_Butler, May 21, 2004.

1. Geezer_Butler

Geezer_Butler

Feb 13, 2004
    I would like to know something abot this bass: sound playability...

Thank you

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Welcome to Talkbass

You should try a search. This topic has been covered several times, and fairly recently too.

3. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I was gonna start another thread on this but I"ll just stick my question here and do a search myself. Has anyone ever taken the pickguard off their RB5? I was thinking of getting a clear guard or something. Is it routed under?

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

The RB5 is front-routed.

5. That Link isn't working for me. :D

Anyone know of a used RBV for sale? :eyebrow:

6. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Hello Geezer,
    I have owned my Roscoe Beck V for 6 months now and I couldn't be happier. The sound is incredible on it, the tone is so versatile, with a perfect modern/vintage tone which works in virtually any situation. Can go from throw down slap to jaco fingerstyle like that. If I had to give one negative about the bass, it is just that the neck is very wide, which isn't a problem at all unless you are trying to pull uber fast, string skipping stuff, but even then it is not too bad. Amazing bass, definitely worth the price and more. I only gave that one quip just to give a fair review. Thanks again.

7. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
  8. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    Got one...lovit..lovit..lovit! Just ordered a Roscoe Beck IV to got with it! OUTSTANDING BASSES! :hyper:

9. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    A 4 string RB????????????? When???:confused:

10. jeflepard

jeflepard

Nov 11, 2003
    USA Atlanta, Ga
    I have owned 3 of them. They are my favorite Fender. Good tone and playability is OK. I played a Reverend Brad Houser 5 that is similar but it had a much faster neck. It is on the wish list.