Roscoe Beck V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Geezer_Butler, May 21, 2004.

1. Geezer_Butler

Feb 13, 2004
    I would like to know something abot this bass: sound playability...

Thank you
  2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Welcome to Talkbass

You should try a search. This topic has been covered several times, and fairly recently too.
  3. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I was gonna start another thread on this but I"ll just stick my question here and do a search myself. Has anyone ever taken the pickguard off their RB5? I was thinking of getting a clear guard or something. Is it routed under?
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

The RB5 is front-routed.
  5. That Link isn't working for me. :D

Anyone know of a used RBV for sale? :eyebrow:
  6. liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Hello Geezer,
    I have owned my Roscoe Beck V for 6 months now and I couldn't be happier. The sound is incredible on it, the tone is so versatile, with a perfect modern/vintage tone which works in virtually any situation. Can go from throw down slap to jaco fingerstyle like that. If I had to give one negative about the bass, it is just that the neck is very wide, which isn't a problem at all unless you are trying to pull uber fast, string skipping stuff, but even then it is not too bad. Amazing bass, definitely worth the price and more. I only gave that one quip just to give a fair review. Thanks again.
  7. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
  8. main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    Got one...lovit..lovit..lovit! Just ordered a Roscoe Beck IV to got with it! OUTSTANDING BASSES! :hyper:
  9. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    A 4 string RB????????????? When???:confused:
  10. jeflepard

Nov 11, 2003
    USA Atlanta, Ga
    I have owned 3 of them. They are my favorite Fender. Good tone and playability is OK. I played a Reverend Brad Houser 5 that is similar but it had a much faster neck. It is on the wish list.