Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe Beck V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shnapper, Sep 24, 2005.

1. shnapper

shnapper

May 1, 2005
    Az
    Hey all,

Writing in from San Diego on vacation and...............

I found time for some shopping so I picked up a Rosco Beck 5 string at this cool little shop in san diego.

I sat and played it for 2 hours and really fell in love with the bass as a whole. Really nice people at this shop, very helpful, honest and willing to let me play it for as long as I wanted.

Well I got the sunburst brand new OTD for $1179...........
    No taxes since I was out of town and they do mainly internet sales. He even offered me the 45 day return policy if I found I didn't like the bass. I will post pics when I get back home to phoenix. I still can't get over the price and service of this little shop called "guitar trader".

Bottom line I walked out with the bass, the cool custom shop case, a free extra set of strings and all the usual bonus goodies (fender cord, strap, t-handle, mist and wipe kit) for 40% off of retail.......... :hyper:

Needless to say I will be doing business with this shop again in the future.......... :D

Oh woops I forgot to ask, the RB has the option of stringing through the body, how do you rocsoe owners string it up? Through the body and through the bridge? It came strung through the bridge...........

2. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR

I don't think that it matters much how you string your bass. Apparently, if you go thru body, you get more resonance and there is a lesser chance of your strings breaking. However, on my old lakland 55-01, I tried stringing it both ways for a month or two at a time, and I saw NO difference.

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I've tried it both ways with my Roscoe Beck V and also noticed NO difference.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I don't even know which way mine are strung. I was in Guitar Trader today, but didn't see anything interesting on the wall. Was it up there? I was in there last week and didn't see it. I did, however, buy my Yamaha TRB5P-II there at well below 50 percent of list. They're good guys down there, but in the old days, I called the store "Snakes and Clowns" because that's what their salespeople were. They've really turned into a good place to buy stuff.

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Killer deal on that new RB5! The sunburst one can be hard to find, also. A buddy of mine has a burst RB5 and installed a tort guard on it, but I like the OEM guard as well.

I can't say enough about the RB5... I like mine as much as any bass I've ever owned, and I've owned some fancy ones. :)

"The bass so nice I bought it twice" ®
    [​IMG]

6. id love one, havent seen one in person yet though.....im a big fan of 5 string jazz's

7. shnapper

shnapper

May 1, 2005
    Az
    Ok,

I'm home now, I must say Tower of Power was awesome. San Diego had blue skys and Rocco Prestia was so smooth. I've never seen T of P before, what a blast it was. I bought a signed drum head that David Garibaldi was cool enough to leave at the t-shirt booth. They only had one so I said give me that, I don't need another t-shirt.

Oh I took pictures of the new RB5 for you all to see.......... :D :D

Enjoy............... :p