Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe Beck V's in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by atldeadhead, Aug 26, 2003.

1. atldeadhead

atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Georgia
    Hello Fellow Atlanta Low End Dwellers.

I've been reading a lot of good things about the Fender Roscoe Beck 5 string. As such I'm considering getting one to satisfy my latest case of GAS. Unfortunately I've been unable to find a local retailer who carries these bad boys.

Do any of you know where I might find one in the Atlanta area to play before I buy?

Thanks.

2. You should check the Guitar Center at N Druid Hills and 85. I stopped by there the other day and they had a boatload of Fenders. Dunno about that model, though.

3. atldeadhead

atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Georgia
    Hi Joe.

Yeah, I called both locations. No go on the RB5. Apparently GC has a ratings system for instruments and the RB5 falls into a category that they don't readily keep on hand. I could special order the bass (of course you have to pay up front), but regardless of what I've read, I'm not going to order a $1200.00 bass sight unseen. I've got to be able to play the thing first to know if I truly want it. Thanks for the tip though.

Anyone else?

4. ivanthetrble

ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    Orygun
    If you find one you like and are looking used, I am selling my RB5. Shoreline gold, excellent shape. I really like it! Main problem is since I got my Sadowsky Vintage 5 the RB5 doesn't get played much anymore. :( The RB5's neck is a bit thick for some but I actually prefer a bit thicker neck than most. The tone is very nice indeed. Jazz bass tone with more flexibility that a standard Jazz. Looks like Fender is finally going to release a 4 string version later this year.

5. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I own one of these great basses. 2 weeks ago Ken Stanton Music in Marietta had a red one in stock on sale for $999. That is the best new price I have seen on that bass. I am playing at Fuzzy's next Fri. and Sat, Sept 5 and 6 if you want to check mine out.

6. Mmmm, Barry Richman band at Fuzzy's on a weekend. House will be rocking!
    [​IMG]

7. atldeadhead

atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Georgia
    Thanks for the tips fellas.

I'm gonna swing by Ken Stanton and see if they still have one for me to try out.