Roscoe Beck V's in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by atldeadhead, Aug 26, 2003.

1. atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Hello Fellow Atlanta Low End Dwellers.

I've been reading a lot of good things about the Fender Roscoe Beck 5 string. As such I'm considering getting one to satisfy my latest case of GAS. Unfortunately I've been unable to find a local retailer who carries these bad boys.

Do any of you know where I might find one in the Atlanta area to play before I buy?

2. You should check the Guitar Center at N Druid Hills and 85. I stopped by there the other day and they had a boatload of Fenders. Dunno about that model, though.
  3. atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Hi Joe.

Yeah, I called both locations. No go on the RB5. Apparently GC has a ratings system for instruments and the RB5 falls into a category that they don't readily keep on hand. I could special order the bass (of course you have to pay up front), but regardless of what I've read, I'm not going to order a $1200.00 bass sight unseen. I've got to be able to play the thing first to know if I truly want it. Thanks for the tip though.

Anyone else?
  4. ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    If you find one you like and are looking used, I am selling my RB5. Shoreline gold, excellent shape. I really like it! Main problem is since I got my Sadowsky Vintage 5 the RB5 doesn't get played much anymore. :( The RB5's neck is a bit thick for some but I actually prefer a bit thicker neck than most. The tone is very nice indeed. Jazz bass tone with more flexibility that a standard Jazz. Looks like Fender is finally going to release a 4 string version later this year.
  5. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I own one of these great basses. 2 weeks ago Ken Stanton Music in Marietta had a red one in stock on sale for $999. That is the best new price I have seen on that bass. I am playing at Fuzzy's next Fri. and Sat, Sept 5 and 6 if you want to check mine out.
  6. Mmmm, Barry Richman band at Fuzzy's on a weekend. House will be rocking!
  7. atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Thanks for the tips fellas.

I'm gonna swing by Ken Stanton and see if they still have one for me to try out.