Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe Beck

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by VIHBASS, Feb 11, 2002.

1. could you plaese give some listings of Roscoe Beck recordings
    thank you
    frank

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Check some of Robben Ford's albums-

Talk To Your Daughter
    Robben Ford & The Blue Line
    Mystic Mile

3. thank you this is the kind of feed back im looking for i know he plays for eric johnson i want to know some of his other material that i could check out thanx

4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

He also has two blues bass instruction videos, one of which has Robben Ford and Tom Brechtline(sp) playing some of his examples. That one is called "Blues Foundations" and is made by REH video. I can't rmemeber the name of the other..."Beginning Blues Bass" or something similar and is made by Warner Brothers. Both videos are well worth the money.

5. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    It's a shame that guy doesn't get more work.

6. hmjuice

hmjuice

May 20, 2000
    Austin, TX USA
    He also played on the Eric Johnson albums. That is some realy cool stuff. EJ is an amazing guitarist.

7. Hey Frank!

Roscoe also did the bass work on Jimmy Witherspoon's album "LIVE AT THE MINT". It is basicly Robin Ford's band backing Jimmy up at a live performance. Roscoe does some very tasty work on his electric upright. The track to hear is the old stand by Big Boss Man. Check it out on "On the Spot" label.

See Ya!

Andy

8. Check out the live "G3" cd, with RB playing live with eric johnson, he does a great bass solo in one of the tunes!!

9. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    That's "Zap." The original is from Johnson's "Tones" (1986).

10. thank you very much this was very helpful to me :cool: