Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe Beck!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Angus, Nov 23, 2000.

1. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Wow, i love this guy. I bought his video while returning the Flea video (which was terrible), and man, its great! I always loved his work with Eric Johnson, and i love his stuff with Robben Ford now! Its a great video, lots of instruction and example of the blues stuff. Man, i love his work! I mean, its not all original, but it sounds great. Hes a very good player! I love his tone too. I think, come Christmas...ill be getting me a Fender RB5.

Speaking of those, anyone seen the video? He plays an RB6 in it! Very cool. I wish Fender made one.

Anyway, any other fans/haters here?

2. maxoges

maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hello Angus
    If it's blues foundations you mean, I've had for like three or four years. It's a great video and Roscoe is the man! Check out the G3 Satriani, Johnson and Vai video for some more Roscoe action. You will get a Stuart Hamm bonus (my favorite)

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Ive got that video. Thats where i saw him for the first time, before the blues foundation videos. But the G3 video is a great video!

4. maxoges

maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    What did you think of stu hamm? Ive seen him live with satriani and he kicks ass!!! He did a 20 minute solo at the concert it just knocked me out man.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

They do! If you look on the Fender Web Page under Custom Shop, you can order a 6-string Roscoe Beck bass - very, very expensive though!"

6. I got to see Roscoe Beck live with Eric Johnson at an outdoor show several years ago, and I was slack-jawed the whole time. Roscoe just laid down one mind-blowing groove after another, and I was really struck by the way he seamlessly worked tapping and chords into the grooves. And his solos.. forget it, man! He's amazing.

7. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Thanks Bruce! Ill check it out. Get me one! :)

Yeah, his grooving abilities are pretty amazing, imo. Id love to see him with Eric Johnson, but nobody ever comes around here.