Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe Becks or Sadowsky in MINN?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, May 6, 2003.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    Are there any places in MPLS MN, where I can find and try out a Roscoe Beck v, or Sadowsky v, or MTD 535 FIVE string basses??

2. I own a Sadowsky Vintage 5 and live in Andover. Like almost everyone else, however, I didn't have the luxury of playing one locally so I had read enough of Roger Sadowsky's reputation, clientele, bass reviews, etc. I took the leap with ordering and was comfortable with his return policy. Three years later, its my top bass among a Lakland 55-94, and BN5 Fbass. There was a Sadowsky for sale in City Pages a couple years ago. Obviously rare.
    Willie's Guitar Shop in St. Paul had a Roscoe Beck 5 string about a month ago. Not sure if its still there. It was a nice playing bass.

3. Willie's Great American Guitars (St. Paul...Cleveland & St. Clair) would be the place I'd start to look. If you talk to Nate, he might be able to steer you to somebody. Sadowskis are sold direct only, if I remember correctly. Used Roscoe Becks turn up pretty often on e-bay and bassgear.com.