Roscoe 'Brad Houser' Model

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lo-freq, Aug 3, 2004.

1. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Check out this URL. Click on "What's New" on the right and then scroll most of the way down in the left pane.

I've never been a big fan of Roscoe's body shapes, but their tone is in the 'to die for' category.

I really like this body style.

If they started making these in both fretless and fretted for the general public, I'm in danger of OD'ing from GAS pains.

Talk about a petition worth undertaking. Call or email the Roscoe shop ASAP to ask for some of these.
  2. well, that probably explains why reverend quit basses...they lost their only(?) bass endorsement.

pretty cool bass (actually great bass!) i am not going to say much about it, because i know that, if i do, i will want one soooo bad!

yeah, roscoe and read...two basses that i can't even talk about because i want one soooo bad, but they are waaaaay out of my budget. I'll never be able to afford one!

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    With the Reverend deal, I think it's the other way around. They're done making basses, so Brad shops for endorsements elsewhere. They definately snagged the reverse angle pups from the Rev
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I wonder if that's really new or not, as the Roscoe site doesn't update anything but the inventory page on a regular basis. More interesting than that is that they're going the CNC route.
  5. i doubt the brad houser sig made up more than 5% of their bass sales.
  6. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    Not new. That page has not been changed for at least a year.
  7. LizzyD

LizzyD Chocoholic

Oct 15, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Sadowsky Artist
    I saw that same page when I got my first Roscoe in January 2002. Look at the copyright date at the bottom too - it says 2001.
  8. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I did a search here on TB, but maybe I didn't go back far enough to find posts on it.

Anyone heard anything about these (I think I will email Roscoe to see what's up)?
  9. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I played that bass before Brad picked it up at the NAMM show three years ago. It was oh so beautiful. I wish Keith had pursued doing those for production. Oh well.........
  10. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I sent Roscoe (Keith?) an email asking about it. We'll see what he says.
  11. pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    I remember seeing a post somewhere a long time ago from the person who bought it. If I remember correctly, Brad ended up trading it in at a store for something else and the store was selling it.
  12. Brad Houser had a couple of Roscoes in the early-mid 90s, long before he hooked up with Reverend.
  13. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Reply from Keith Roscoe:

"The closest bass we make to the Brad bass is the new Century Signature model. We have a few on order now and will have some photo available in about 6 weeks.
    Please send a request for info/photo in 6 to 8 weeks."
  14. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    I dig that shape. Very Curbow......
  15. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Unfortunately with Roscoe this means 6 months.........
  16. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Looks like standard luthier time to me. :D

Whenever I hear from a builder a time frame, I always multiply it by at least 3.
  17. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yeah, I ordered a custom SKB from Keith last Aug/Sep, was originally due in Nov/Dec, and I think I took delivery the following March/Apr. No complaints, tho, things came up, and the results were worth the wait. Also, I've dealt with low production luthiers before, tho, so I already padded my expectation anyway. You don't wanna nag/rush those things. Better to have it done with the most care and patience and the least pressure.

On the body styles, yeah, they're a little diff, but I think they look fine. The LG is also just slightly neck heavy due to the short top horn, but I don't really notice it playing, and the thing is so light and superhuman in tone, I just about drool every time I play it. I LOVE my LG!!!!
  18. Shouldn't be the case for CNC... :smug:

I had my body outlined, splined, toolpathed and cut in 2 days.
    And that was only because my lunch breaks were 1/2 hours.
  19. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    I guess if all Keith did was cut out and shape bodies he could too! :D
    Just a little more to it than that...............
  20. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Keith doesn't CNC anything. He hopes to at some point though.